Business technology has become an integral part of the digital era that we live in. A 21st-century business that does not have the technology to drive its operations is likely to not be able to sustain itself. Investing in the right technology for business process management can significantly increase the efficiency of a business, getting the most out of your organisation’s resources and driving changes that keep pace with a more dynamic business environment is essential.
Technology can help you streamline production, reduce costs, and increase your customer base
This is where Enterprise Resource Planning systems come in. Implementing them can streamline operations as they can be tailored to meet the requirements of your business. Businesses of all sizes in all industry sectors rely on Enterprise Resource Planning solutions to streamline their core business processes – finance and accounting, inventory and supply chain, manufacturing and human resource management (HRM), customer relationship management (CRM) and other important activities. Every business should have the ability to use technology at their disposal to get a clear and comprehensive view of their key resources – people, processes, workflow and quality. Aligning the business strategy of an organisation with technology has enormous benefits, this alignment will help you save time, accelerate response time, plan ahead and reduce the redundancy in your business process management.
“Every business should have the ability to use technology at their disposal to get a clear and comprehensive view of their key resources”
How Enterprise Resource Planning Systems streamline business process management and drive efficiency:
- Process Automation: Based on how the ERP solution is implemented, the systems comprise of various modules for various aspects of a business, it allows a seamless flow of information across the various divisions that may exist in an organisation. The workflow redundancy is reduced along with human error via process automation.
- Business Integration: ERP systems use a central database for all operations of the business, this helps significantly reduce cost and improves efficiency as the manual process work is automated. This also helps in achieving business intelligence as all the information for the business can be easily accessed at one integrated location.
- Business Intelligence: Enterprise Resource Planning systems ensure consistency in business process management, once the data is stored, different users can easily access, collaborate, and manipulate data as needed. The use of real-time data significantly improves decision making and quality assurance as members of the organisation can easily monitor and analyse the data available.
The emergence of cloud computing integrated with ERP systems has helped increase the adaptation of these systems by all types of organisations, a cloud-based solution can be implemented quickly and offer the flexibility to be customised based on the requirements of the business. In order to stay competitive and expand in today’s competitive climate, it is imperative for organisations of all sizes to integrate software solutions that would help them monitor and streamline processes which would lead to improved business intelligence.
It’s time to embrace the future!
- 5 ERP Functions to Improve Your Business Processes. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.markinson.com.au/company/blog/5-erp-functions-to-improve-your-business-processes/
- Business operations: Using technology to improve operational processes – Fourth Source. (2018). Retrieved from http://www.fourthsource.com/tech/business-operations-using-technology-improve-operational-processes-22584
- Deskera (2018). ERP for Service Industries, Deskera. Retrieved from https://www.deskera.com/erp-for-services/
- CRM & ERP Integration: 6 Major Benefits – Workwise LLC. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.workwisellc.com/blog/crm-erp-integration-6-major-benefits/
- DBSync – Benefits of Automating ERP System. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.mydbsync.com/blogs/benefits-of-automating-erp-system/
- How can Business Automation be Achieved by ERP System?. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.augustinfotech.com/how-to-automate-business-processes-with-erp-system/
- How ERP Systems Can Automate Business Processes | Icreon. (2018). Retrieved from http://blog.icreon.us/launch/erp-systems-automate-business-processes
- Ismail, N. (2018). 6 key advantages of ERP and CRM software integration. Retrieved from https://www.information-age.com/6-key-advantages-erp-crm-software-integration-123465846/
- Murphy, C. (2018). 5 Signs That Cloud ERP Has Serious Momentum. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/oracle/2015/12/24/5-signs-that-cloud-erp-has-serious-momentum/#5dc73ec6e8cc
- News, E., & businesses, H. (2018). How ERP solutions could address problems of small businesses – erpinnews. Retrieved from https://erpinnews.com/erp-solutions-address-problems-small-businesses
- Pitman, J., Pitman, J., & Eagar, B. (2018). Streamline Your Business Processes With ERP. Retrieved from https://www.entrepreneurmag.co.za/advice/growing-a-business/performance-and-growth/streamline-your-business-processes-with-erp/
- started, G. (2018). Why Selecting ERP Software Is Like Getting Married & How to Pick the Right One For You. Retrieved from https://www.shopify.com/enterprise/83899270-why-selecting-erp-software-is-like-getting-married-how-to-pick-the-right-one-for-you
- Streamlining ERP Implementations. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.industryweek.com/planning-amp-forecasting/streamlining-erp-implementations
- The value of Business Intelligence in ERP systems | abas. (2018). Retrieved from https://abas-erp.com/en/news/value-business-intelligence-erp-systems
- Wailgum, T., & Perkins, B. (2018). What is ERP? A guide to enterprise resource planning systems. Retrieved from https://www.cio.com/article/2439502/enterprise-resource-planning/enterprise-resource-planning-erp-definition-and-solutions.html